Island Hospital has been serving international and local patients for the past 20 years, managing 300,000 patient cases on average each year and 9,000 surgeries yearly. More than 88% of our doctors are internationally trained and have on average 24.4 years of medical practice
Based in Penang and founded in 1996, Malaysia, Island Hospital is a 300-bed hospital and one of the leading tertiary care providers in Malaysia. Island Hospital has over 50 full-time specialists across 16 Centres of Excellence.
At Island Hospital, patients have access to some of the most highly respected specialists in Malaysia, most of which have been trained in the United Kingdom, United States of America, and Australia. Our specialists are highly experienced and renowned in their dedicated fields and are supported by a dedicated team of nursing and allied health staff.
Besides boasting a stellar team of medical professionals, Island Hospital offers a wide range of treatment services that are supported by cutting edge medical equipment and technology.
- i-Heart Centre (for cardiology)
- i-LASIK Centre (for ophthalmology & LASIK)
- i-Care Centre (for infertility)
- i-Spine Centre (for spinal issues)
- i-Endoscopy Centre (for endoscopy & colonoscopy)
- i-Urology Centre (lipthotripsy for stone removal)
- i-Sports Centre (a dedicated physiotherapy & rehabilitation unit)
- i-Health Centre (for wellness & health screening)
- Efficient and Advanced Laboratory& Pathology Centre
- Urology Lithotripsy Equipment with X-ray & Guided Ultrasound
- Quiet Suite MRI (3 Tesla)
- Fibroscan for Liver Diagnosis
- 3D Laparoscopic Surgery
- Anti-Gravity Treadmill for rehabilitation
- Laboratory with same-day results for most tests
- BD SurePath Liquid-based Pap Test with same-day results
Movement Disorder Clinic
A specialised unit within our Neuroscience specialty, the clinic offers a diverse
range of diagnostic services and medical treatments for patients with
Parkinson’s disease or other movement disorders.
Our digestive centre is staffed with an experienced team of
Gastroenterologists and medical professionals to ensure exceptional service
and speedy recovery for patients with digestive disorders.
Health Screening Centre
A one-stop centre for all health screening needs, our Health Screening Centre
is equipped with the latest equipment and technology that allows for
effective, accurate and fast health screening services.
Our Spine Institute, one of Malaysia’s most renowned orthopaedics centres,
incorporates a versatile combination of pain intervention, physical therapy and
surgery to minimise pain and enable faster recovery. Complete with these
sub-specialties, bone and joint, spine, hand surgery, sports medicine, our
orthopaedics centre is here to manage all cases from minor to complex
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Bahasa Indonesia
Top Medical Tourism Hospital By Ministry Of Health
- STAR Outstanding Business Award (SOBA) 2016
- Best in Marketing Gold Award
- The Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH)