Established in 1997, Pantai Hospital Penang (PHP) is a 190-bed specialist hospital with more than 40 specialist doctors. Strategically located in the township of Bayan Baru and in the vicinity of Bayan Lepas Free Trade Zone, it is easily accessible from within the island as well as the mainland.
PHP’s key focuses are Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and Orthopaedics. It also offers new services and facilities such as Stroke Centre, Interventional Radiology, Brachytherapy and Cardiac Rehabilitation Ward.
- Stroke Centre
- Heart Centre
- Cancer Centre
- Stone & Urology Centre
- Haemodialysis Centre
- 24 Hours Emergency Department
- The first Stroke Centre in the Northern Region which began operations on 26 October 2013
- 18 beds in addition to one Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy facility for rehabilitation
- Fully equipped Cardiovascular Unit offering invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests
- 4 rooms for cardiac rehabilitation
- State-of-the-art Radio therapyequipments, Brachytherapy Machine,therapy simulator, CT simulator, computerised 3D planning system and a Chemotherapy Suite
- Currently only available at PHP
- Treats cancers throughout the body by placing radioactive sources inside the patient temporarily or permanently to damage cancer cells’ DNA and destroy their ability to divide and grow
- Customises high energy X-rays to match a tumour’s shape and destroy cancer cells while sparing normal tissue
- Equipped with built-in safety features
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy Machine (ESWL)
- Uses shockwaves to break a kidney stone into small pieces that can easily pass through the urinary tract to be expelled from the body.
- Bahasa Indonesia